We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Bank Valuation
dani17
Posts: 87
Forumite
Hi,
We are FTB and we had our offer accepted just before the virus crisis started. Our mortgage application is now approved subject to valuation and we will need to wait until the end of the lockdown so the surveyors can view the house. We are concerned about all the reports talking about an imminent house prices drop in the coming months and we are wondering if we need to renogociate the price. the question is : do you think it is better to renegociate the price now or wait until we get the bank valuation first? thanks
We are FTB and we had our offer accepted just before the virus crisis started. Our mortgage application is now approved subject to valuation and we will need to wait until the end of the lockdown so the surveyors can view the house. We are concerned about all the reports talking about an imminent house prices drop in the coming months and we are wondering if we need to renogociate the price. the question is : do you think it is better to renegociate the price now or wait until we get the bank valuation first? thanks
0
Comments
-
Wait for the bank valuation. If they value under that puts you in a better negotiating position. At the moment there is no evidence that prices have dropped2
-
Obviously you have to wait I think.0
-
thank you. I am just wondering if the bank valuation will take into account what is happneing now or it will be only based on previous transactions. in the second case, i think it will be useless to wait for it because it will validate the agreed price and the seller will refuse to renegociate. i would prefer simply pull out and avoid paying the survey valuation in a such scenario.0
-
Very little is happening currently. Local markets can be impacted by many factors, not just national ones. You might as well pull and out and bide your time.0
-
The valuation will be based on what the surveyor believes the property is currently worth. Naturally he will look at previous sales as one factor in his calculations, but he'll also consider both national and local trends.dani17 said:thank you. I am just wondering if the bank valuation will take into account what is happneing now or it will be only based on previous transactions. in the second case, i think it will be useless to wait for it because it will validate the agreed price and the seller will refuse to renegociate. i would prefer simply pull out and avoid paying the survey valuation in a such scenario.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards