Lost BACS transfer - help please!

I am at my wits end here and don't know what to do.
My father passed away last year, he had a Trust will that made provision for a portion of the sale of his house to be held in Trust by me.  My bank, Barclays recommended that I use their partners, Co-Op legal services for the probate and other legal issues.    In January I set up a Trust acct with Barclays Bank to receive my share of the estate.   Co-op legal services advised me on 9th April that they had transferred my share to my Trust acct.   I checked with Barclays and they told me that they hadn't received the money.   Co-op then sent me a BACs trace that showed that the BACs transfer completed successfully and that my Trust acct details were correct.   Barclays are adamant that they haven't received the money and Co-Op are equally adamant that the money has been sent.   Each party keeps referring my back to the other party.   I have been trapped in this loop for 3 solid days on the phone.  Of course, eveytime I phone Barclays I get a new person and have to go through the same process that takes about 2 hrs each time - they then refer me back to the Co-op.
My mother just passed away so I am trying to deal with her affairs, so this issue with the BACs payment is driving me to despair.   Any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure