ppi complaint ( ongoing ) with RBS.

Options
I have made a credit card  ppi misselling complaint to RBS via Resolver on the deadline date in August of last year . ( One of 3 complaints to 3 different banks ).
RBS have told me by phone (in late February 2020 ) that they have lost all details of my original complaint as "the website might have be down" due to the last minute deluge of complaints before the ppi deadline in August 2019.  They have thus asked me to make my claim again in writing , including 3 proofs of id ( photo id ) and my Resolver reference number . 
My question today is 1) Should I send exactly the same worded complaint as I sent via resolver ? 
2) I have since found several credit card statements that hopefully prove that I did indeed hold ppi relevent to my complaint .Should I send copies of these to RBS as well ? 
Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Send them copies of what you have. However, you'd better have a good complaint reason because just having PPI is not a reason for an upheld complaint.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1) Should I send exactly the same worded complaint as I sent via resolver ?
    You may or may not be able to use the same words (depending on whether you have a copy of the original submission).  However, your complaint reasons are unlikely to have changed over the last 8 months.   So, different words saying much the same thing are not going to be an issue.
    2) I have since found several credit card statements that hopefully prove that I did indeed hold ppi relevent to my complaint .Should I send copies of these to RBS as well ?
    Yes
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback