twinkleyladytwinkleylady Forumite
2 Posts
Third Anniversary
MoneySaving Newbie
Not sure if this is in the right thread but I'm looking for some legal advice.     Long story so I'll try to condense it.    Before I split from my ex I bought a house cash and put it in his name due to abusive cohesive relationship.    After we separated I managed to get charge on it saying not to be sold without me agreeing.    It's been empty 3 years and he's never paid council tax on it.    The council are now going to out a charge on it, hearing next week.    Can they make a sale on it, . It's value is £140,000 and debt is £4,000.    He has never paid a penny for it and I'm still paying a mortgage on my house coz I remortgaged mine to buy it.   Complete mess I know but I'm lucky to be alive, just need it in my name but can't afford to take it to court to sort it out yet x . Thanks in advance
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals