Currys.co.uk customer service in lockdown

New Post Advanced Search

Currys.co.uk customer service in lockdown

33 replies 1.3K views
mercilessmerciless Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi,
I just want potential customers of Currys to be aware of any products you purchase on Currys.co.uk in the lockdown phase, beware if you need help from the customer service department.

We bought a new TV from Currys on 29th March 2020 (our old one packed in 27th), delivered new on the 31st March 2020.  All good so far.
We wanted Currys to recycle our old television, paying £15 knowing the local tips would be closed.  The delivery driver wouldn't take it, saying it needed to be outside for 3 days, and to contact Currys customer service number when that time had passed.  We have tried phoning multiple occasions over the weeks (for over 2 hours at a time) on hold since 2nd April.  We have sent an email and had no response to.  No ring back facility!  :(

The live chat facility is supporting Sales over Customer service enquiries, the sales representatives refer you to the customer services number offering no other alternatives.   :'( 
We still haven't managed to get through, we either wanted a refund, or for Currys to recycle the old TV. 

On the bright side, we are still healthy and our new TV is brilliant...just hope it doesn't go wrong!

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit like most of the world  lockdown or skeleton staff .
    But this post is not Consumer Rights .
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it is Consumer Rights ... Currys have breached part of the contract by taking payment for a service not provided. ;)
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • Al_RossAl_Ross Forumite
    570 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭
    merciless said:
    Hi,
    I just want potential customers of Currys to be aware of any products you purchase on Currys.co.uk in the lockdown phase, beware if you need help from the customer service department.

We bought a new TV from Currys on 29th March 2020 (our old one packed in 27th), delivered new on the 31st March 2020.  All good so far.
    We wanted Currys to recycle our old television, paying £15 knowing the local tips would be closed.  The delivery driver wouldn't take it, saying it needed to be outside for 3 days, and to contact Currys customer service number when that time had passed.  We have tried phoning multiple occasions over the weeks (for over 2 hours at a time) on hold since 2nd April.  We have sent an email and had no response to.  No ring back facility!  :(

The live chat facility is supporting Sales over Customer service enquiries, the sales representatives refer you to the customer services number offering no other alternatives.   :'( 
    We still haven't managed to get through, we either wanted a refund, or for Currys to recycle the old TV. 

On the bright side, we are still healthy and our new TV is brilliant...just hope it doesn't go wrong!

"On the dark side",you bought from Currys ! :'(
  • ididntgetwhereiamtodayididntgetwhereiamtoday Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    They may as well be on lock down for all the use they usually are. Currys are renowned for doing everything they can to dodge responsibility. In their eyes the customer is always wrong. 
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
  • BangersLBBangersLB Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    JJ_Egan said:
    Bit like most of the world  lockdown or skeleton staff .
    But this post is not Consumer Rights .
    It really is, just look on their twitter feed, not a single post they put up that doesn't have a string of customers trying to get some response, at the end of their tether and I have also been stung by these crooks.
    I actually bought an item from Currys PC World (wanted to support someone with a high street presence ). Item delivered was faulty never worked and it is literally impossible to get through to anyone.
    Live chat  - no one manning
    EMail on online - No option to contact (Unbelievable, no email customer service!!!!!!)
    Phone (0344 so will cost to call, spent over an hour each day trying to get through), Again look at social media I am not alone. It is unacceptable. Probably spent at 13p a minute approx £20/30 trying to get a response, more fool me.
    Never again, buyer beware.

• JReacher1JReacher1 Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think they’re crooks. 

It’s just an unusual situation and I imagine with their stores being closed they are running a skeleton staff at the moment. 

I do think people have to be a bit more patient thank normal in these unusual times. 

When you can get in touch with someone they will I’m sure give you your £15 back. 
  • lincroft1710lincroft1710 Forumite
    13.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JReacher1 said:

No, but judging from posts on these boards, their ignorance (or feigned ignorance) of consumer legislation is verging on criminal
  • JReacher1JReacher1 Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    JReacher1 said:

No, but judging from posts on these boards, their ignorance (or feigned ignorance) of consumer legislation is verging on criminal
    I don’t agree
  • giraffe69giraffe69 Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me but with John Lewis. They haven't taken away the old appliance but they have refunded me the cash and given me a number to contact to re-instate the service as and when possible. I thought they behaved well and if the old appliance sits in the back yard for a few weeks then tant pis!
  • lincroft1710lincroft1710 Forumite
    13.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JReacher1 said:
    JReacher1 said:

I don’t agree
    Just read some of the posts on here about Currys and consumer rights