A week in hand after already starting employment

Hiya, I have been working for a company for around 18 months now. I have been furloughed with them only paying the 80% of my wages. This is fine however whilst signing for this yesterday, my Manager also said he would be placing me on a week in hand. My question is can this be done after me being working for him for around 18 months. I was never asked to do a week in hand at the start of employment. I have always got paid weekly. So worked Monday to Friday - got paid Friday. Also been furloughed since 24th March and been receiving 80% pay for last 3 x weeks already. 

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Ambassador
    69.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I’ve moved this to a different board as I think you will get better responses. 
    ’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides