WARNING. 20+ coronavirus scams to watch out for and how to protect yourself

MSE_Katie
MSE_Katie Posts: 45 MSE Staff
Photogenic First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
edited 1 June 2020 at 4:53PM in Coronavirus support and help
The scale of the coronavirus pandemic has brought out the absolute best in people and society – but upsettingly, it’s also brought criminals and low-lifes out of the shadows to prey on our pockets. Action Fraud has reported £4.6 million already lost to coronavirus-related scams since lockdown began.
As the UK health crisis looks set to continue for some time, there are horrid criminals looking to exploit financial and health concerns by asking for money for fake services upfront, collecting personal information or bank details, or offering temptingly high returns on made-up investments or pension transfers.
To help you stay safe, we've top tips to protect yourself from scams and a rundown of just some of the vile and very convincing ones to watch out for right now, including text scamsemail scamsonline shopping scamsdoor-to-door scams and other financial services scams.
Read the full blog: 20+ coronavirus scams to watch out for and how to protect yourself

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,173 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Another from Dorset Police

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure