Forum Home» Coronavirus support and help

WARNING. 20+ coronavirus scams to watch out for and how to protect yourself

New Post Advanced Search

WARNING. 20+ coronavirus scams to watch out for and how to protect yourself

1 reply 880 views
MSE_KatieMSE_Katie MSE Staff
29 posts
Third Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
MSE Staff
The scale of the coronavirus pandemic has brought out the absolute best in people and society – but upsettingly, it’s also brought criminals and low-lifes out of the shadows to prey on our pockets. Action Fraud has reported £4.6 million already lost to coronavirus-related scams since lockdown began.
As the UK health crisis looks set to continue for some time, there are horrid criminals looking to exploit financial and health concerns by asking for money for fake services upfront, collecting personal information or bank details, or offering temptingly high returns on made-up investments or pension transfers.
To help you stay safe, we've top tips to protect yourself from scams and a rundown of just some of the vile and very convincing ones to watch out for right now, including text scamsemail scamsonline shopping scamsdoor-to-door scams and other financial services scams.
Read the full blog: 20+ coronavirus scams to watch out for and how to protect yourself

Replies

• MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    7.9K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another from Dorset Police

Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.