Hays Travel and Jet 2

Options
Hi,
I have booked a Jet 2 holiday through Hays Travel.   I’m trying to get a refund but I’ve rang the online Hays Travel number and they have said they are still yet to hear from Jet 2.    So my question is, should I persuade Hays Travel for a refund seen ad though I paid them?

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If Hays Travel has paid your money to Jet2 they will be waiting for it to be returned before they can refund you. Normal timescales are currently out the window.
    You can see what Jet2 options are for cancellations are here - https://www.jet2holidays.com/incident
  • SG001
    Options
    Thanks,
    but if I’ve paid my money to Hays then I should get it back from them regardless how long Jet 2 take to pay back Hays ? 

Thanks  
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When is it? If it is still a long way off the flight might not be cancelled yet. 
  • SG001
    Options
    Oh it’s been cancelled, Next sunday

thanks
  • Joelforest123
    Options
    Hi, I’ve got the money dilemma all holiday makers have right now.  I’ve paid my holiday deposit £900 with TUI and the rest is due beginning of May for a holiday on August 3rd. 
    I’m thinking it will be unlikely tourism will be up and running by then. 
    Does anybody know what’s best to do? Are TUI lolly to let you rebook and not lose the deposit?  
    I’m wary of paying rest of balance as in uncertain times it’s best to have money in the bank and not with TUI who may not survive a prolonged shutdown. Thanks in advance.  
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Its also a dilemma that has been asked and answered numerous times in other threads.
  • Schoolworker
    Options
    It may take a while for your money to be returned. We should have been returning back from new York today and still waiting for our money to be returned to us. We spoke to our travel agents 2 weeks ago and had to fight to get our money back rather than a voucher since this was a huge amount of money for us as family of 4 was going to NYC. Good luck. 
  • SG001
    SG001 Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Did you book with an agent or through the travel company directly ? 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure