Fighting the mortgage interest

Comments

• longway2go
    longway2go Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi, 
    We seem to be in similar positions, 5kEF but looking to build this and mortgage in the same region (143,600) so completely understand how nice it will be to get to the 139,000s and even better under 100k. Be a nice Christmas gift to yourself if you can achieve it, I think we will just miss it.
    Lots of luck to you. 
    Mortgage Aug 2019 161,000 :eek::eek::eek:Nov 2019 156,500:T Jan 2020 153,122:T, Apr 2020 149,500, Apr2021 139, 675, Oct 2021 136,823, Dec 2021 136,120🙂EF 0/12,000 (0%)😕 (5062.44 was ERC), Jan 2023 128,650. Our Mortgage is never going to be as high as it is today. :jOnwards and downwards to a better life for our family. :jJust keep swimming
  • Hi, 
    We seem to be in similar positions, 5kEF but looking to build this and mortgage in the same region (143,600) so completely understand how nice it will be to get to the 139,000s and even better under 100k. Be a nice Christmas gift to yourself if you can achieve it, I think we will just miss it.
    Lots of luck to you. 
    Thank you, I'm actually thinking that if I'm just over  over £140k  by Christmas  (say by £100) then I'll pay that as a present to myself  :) I haven't caught up with your thread for a couple of weeks, it's one of the threads I have bookmarked so will read it shortly - hope the journey is still going well. 
  • Just checking in to say we are under £140k. :#  the mortgage payment this month has taken me under £140k. I'm so pleased and proud of progress we've made this year. I'll check in at the end of the year to do a breakdown of 2020. 
  • Great update and great progress numbercruncher!

The one year of minimal expenses emergency fund is excellent, and I absolutely know where you're coming from regards the sense of security a cash buffer provides. I also feel much the same in that the less I feel like I have to work, the less I mind actually going to work 😃

Best of luck with the 2021 plan! 👍
  • Thanks SSS, hope you're well. 
    February update: My journey is still going well - I have £9k in savings and the mortgage balance is now below £139k. 
    Every day feels a bit like Groundhog Day at the moment but I have been managing to read more, I've read three books so far this year. I've just finished 'This is going to hurt' which is about a junior doctor in the NHS. I'm so in awe of the doctors working in our hospitals who show huge levels of resilience. I must admit, I think I would crumble on the first day with all that pressure on me. Well worth a read. 

I'm looking forward to the days continuing to get longer and have my fingers crossed that we might start returning to some normality in the next few months. I can't wait to see my family properly.  :)
  • caeler
    caeler Posts: 2,605 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Great progress! @Numbercruncher_mfw
    I totally agree with it being Groundhog Day. I’ve found that hardest this week for some reason. 
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Same here with the Groundhog Day feelings, although we have snow here today which has provided a little excitement upon waking at least :)

Great work with paying down your mortgage- its so addictive isn’t it!!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback