Fighting the mortgage interest

14567810»

Comments

• That's what I call a target 😎 Wishing you lots of luck!

Can you break down what that target really looks like? Personal financial freedom? Financial freedom as a couple? Where do you stand today, and where do you hope to be in two years time (mortgage, savings, pensions, isas, etc)? Do you have a plan for making it happen? What level of annual spend are you hoping to support? What is the plan once you achieve your target? So many questions! 😁
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    That's what I call a target 😎 Wishing you lots of luck!

Can you break down what that target really looks like? Personal financial freedom? Financial freedom as a couple? Where do you stand today, and where do you hope to be in two years time (mortgage, savings, pensions, isas, etc)? Do you have a plan for making it happen? What level of annual spend are you hoping to support? What is the plan once you achieve your target? So many questions! 😁
    I agree - I would want to know all that too. 

They say it's as important to work out what you want to do post FI as the actual journey of getting there - otherwise it can be a damp squib.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • Hi both, thanks for the comments/questions. I'm defining financial freedom as having savings/investments being greater than mortgage balance with at least one years of expenses in the bank on top of that. I understand it's a very ambitious, and potentially unrealistic goal but aiming for it is keeping me motivated. I've started a personal finance YouTube channel and blog which is starting to build so hoping any money made from that can help towards my goal. In terms of what to do when I get to FI it is to reduce hours at work, take a 6 month career break and travel more. 
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good luck with your aspirations and channel 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback