Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Morrisons Food Boxes - no delivery slot needed?

New Post Advanced Search

Morrisons Food Boxes - no delivery slot needed?

edited 13 April at 11:45AM in Gone Off!
20 replies 1.8K views
buglawtonbuglawton Forumite
9.2K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 13 April at 11:45AM in Gone Off!
Surprised I could not see a thread about this when I searched MSE
I emailed Morrisons about the misleading way the delivery slots are presented - I said that if there are simply no slots available at all for any date for non-vulnerable customers, why even display that pointless book a slot link and calendar that leads you to check?
Got a reply with some info I did not know about: https://www.morrisons.com/food-boxes/
Apparently so long as you will be happy with the stock box selection, out of 5 types of selection, you can order a box of essential food any time.
Without going into an order I cannot see how delivery will work but I am assuming no slot needed, they just drop the box off. Smart idea. Anyone tried it?
[Edit - loads of info on HUKD https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/morrisons-essentials-food-boxes-35-delivered-3426854 and Youtube has some 'unboxing' videos ]

Replies

• JulieMJulieM Forumite
    742 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Newshound! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    Yes, I had one a few weeks ago, it was all pretty basic stuff but the fresh items were of good quality and had several days shelf life so didn't have to be used up in a hurry. You're right about ordering, you use the website specifically for food boxes. I've mentioned this a few times on here, and M & S food boxes too, but all the threads about supermarket deliveries seem to have been merged into one now. If you want to read my comments it's probably quicker to put my name into advanced search rather than read through the whole thread.
  • mikbmikb Forumite
    260 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    buglawton said:

Without going into an order I cannot see how delivery will work but I am assuming no slot needed, they just drop the box off.
    https://www.morrisons.com/food-boxes/how-it-works
    "Once your order is placed, just look out for your email confirmation. Your food box will be delivered by DPD who will send you a confirmation including a tracking number, so you can keep up to date with your delivery."

On the plus side, this means pressure is taken off Morrisons own vans/drivers network, as they are being treated like any other parcel for delivery. It also means you stand a chance of getting ~ £30 of groceries (but you get what you're given!) rather than trying to work out what is and isn't in stock, then booking a delivery slot, only to find that by the time you have a delivery slot, some of your goods are not available.

• TheBankerTheBanker Forumite
    701 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I got one of these boxes and it was very handy. I've developed a cough so could not go out, could not get a supermarket delivery shop, don't have any relatives who live near and didn't want to call on charity (the local church) to help me.
    I'm on my own and the box provided me with enough meals for the week as well as enough to re-stock my freezer. I would have been stuck without it and I am impressed that Morrisons have been able to set this system up so quickly.
    I don't think it's amazing value for money but it wasn't bad and I guess you are paying for the staff to pack it as well as the food. 
    In my view, the thing missing is something for breakfast, e.g. a box of cornflakes. A bigger carton of milk would have been useful too. And maybe a bit of fruit. And tea bags... 
    Make £10 a day challenge: Jan-18: £330 / £400
  • theblaggertheblagger Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tempted but terrible reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/morrisons.com
    I refer to my byline below ...

Ad hominem
    An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.
  • Peter999_2Peter999_2 Forumite
    684 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    My father in law has cancer and is going through treatment so he and my mother in law don't go out of the house at all.  It has been impossible for them to get a delivery slot for normal deliverys but I found the morrisons meat eater boxes.  They've had two so far and have been very happy with the contents and it has kept them fed.     I don't really see how you can complain about them to be honest - they set them up so quickly and the delivery by DPD is great (DPD are the best couriers in my experience).         If it wasn't for these boxes, I'd have had to drive an hour with groceries for them (which I was ready to do) so we're very grateful in our family to morrisons.

• TheBankerTheBanker Forumite
    701 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I was happy with my box - some of the complaints on Trust Pilot are about damaged packets but mine were fine. 
    Of course, I would love to do normal online shopping and choose the items I want, but I can't because there are no delivery slots. I can't go to the store at the moment and I really don't want to have volunteers from the local church shopping for me (because firstly they are mostly elderly, and secondly there are people who need their help much more than I do). So whilst the food box is not a perfect solution, we don't live in a perfect world at the moment and I am grateful that Morrisons were able to delvier something, even if it's not exactly what I would have chosen myself. 
    Make £10 a day challenge: Jan-18: £330 / £400
  • edited 20 April at 11:55AM
    FingerbobsFingerbobs Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 20 April at 11:55AM
    We've not had much luck with the Morrisons Food Boxes. My one arrived on time as promised, but one of the ready-meals inside was broken and the contents had leaked all over the other items in the box. My parents ordered one last week, and the tracking site says it was delivered, but they never received it. We assume DPD delivered it to the wrong house. There is no specific way to report problems with Food Box deliveries - you just have to use the general "Contact Us" form, and wait 5-7 days for a response. Not good. Won't be using it again. 
  • mikbmikb Forumite
    260 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
     We assume DPD delivered it to the wrong house
    Although the usual advice of "the sender is responsible, and it's up to them to chase it" applies, you could try calling DPD with the tracking number and asking them to check the GPS for the delivery to find where it went. This may be quicker than waiting for Morrisons.
  • FingerbobsFingerbobs Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    mikb said:
     We assume DPD delivered it to the wrong house
    Although the usual advice of "the sender is responsible, and it's up to them to chase it" applies, you could try calling DPD with the tracking number and asking them to check the GPS for the delivery to find where it went. This may be quicker than waiting for Morrisons.
    Indeed, and they did make some inquiries to try to trace the package, but were unsuccessful. They have since ordered another box in anticipation of receiving a refund for the one that went astray. 
    Presumably someone has acquired a free food box. If I received someone else's delivery with their address on it, I'd pop it round to them. 
  • JulieMJulieM Forumite
    742 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Newshound! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    I've had two packages delivered by DPD lately, one from Morrisons, the other from M & S, and in each case, the driver took a photo of the package where it was left  and emailed it to me.  (I was in the house at the time and the packages were placed on the doorstep). DPD website confirms that is the procedure at the moment. My photos show the packages and the house clearly, as proof of delivery. Did your parents not get a photo emailed to them? They might even recognise the other house.