Refund of deposits

Hi , my son’s football team have booked and paid for a tournament to Alton Towers early May bank holiday weekend, obviously the trip has been cancelled and we have been advised we will get a refund of moneys paid however we won’t get our deposits back! Instead we will get a credit note to use for upto 24 months to enable us to book again next year.  I have queried this with the company as next year the team will not be the same or may even fold. The company have told me they do not have enough money to pay back everything we have paid to them because they have organised events and paid out salaries. The reason we are getting a credit note is because this is ABTOT protected. Please advise as I believe we should be entitled to a full refund of all moneys paid. Thanks in advance 

Replies

• HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hi , my son’s football team have booked and paid for a tournament to Alton Towers early May bank holiday weekend, obviously the trip has been cancelled and we have been advised we will get a refund of moneys paid however we won’t get our deposits back! Instead we will get a credit note to use for upto 24 months to enable us to book again next year.  I have queried this with the company as next year the team will not be the same or may even fold. The company have told me they do not have enough money to pay back everything we have paid to them because they have organised events and paid out salaries. The reason we are getting a credit note is because this is ABTOT protected. Please advise as I believe we should be entitled to a full refund of all moneys paid. Thanks in advance 
    This is the thread for
    Local Money Saving  Spotted a local bargain? Let local MoneySavers know!

Perhaps posting in Consumer Rights will get you more advice, more people go there.

The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides