Refund on Vanquis Credit Card

Hi guys. Because of Covid-19 I was unable to use my monthly bus pass and requested a refund from the bus company. Luckily, they accepted the request and refunded the whole ticket amount over 2 weeks ago on 24/3.
However, since I bought the pass with my Vanquis credit card, I don't really know what their processing time frame and guidance is. I know that were I to have bought the ticket with my debit card then I would have been refunded the amount to the bank account I have linked to that card.
Do you know how long this takes on a Vanquis credit card? I need to pay off my credit balance by 30/4 and, if refunded by then, would that amount be extra credit limit or used by Vanquis to pay off current credit balance? Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I cancelled a hotel room (Premier Inn) that I'd booked with a Vanquis CC. It took about 4 days to appear in my Vanquis account, though that was over a weekend (think I cancelled 20th Mar and the transaction is dated 24th). Sorry, don't know why yours isn't showing after 2 weeks.
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 April 2020 at 7:38PM
    Yeah, 2 weeks is definitely excessive.  I got a refund from Ticketmaster onto my Vanquis, I think it took about a week, but that includes the time it took Ticketmaster to process the refund (as I had to physically request it manually via a form on their site).

I don't think this is a problem with Vanquis as their process will be automated,  sounds more like a problem with the refund ... think you maybe need to check back with them that 1) they did refund it and 2) they refunded it to the right place and 3) How long the refund takes to process from their end.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    It takes exacty the same time as a refund to a debit card.
    Any retailer that says it takes longer is not telling the truth.
    Only thing that a CC has a delay on is they tend to only update once a day, so any credit coming through today, you won't see till tomorrow. Unlike a bank account which updates in real time. Although you may notice your available balance has increased in the mean time.
    Life in the slow lane
  • PaulW922
    PaulW922 Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A transaction refund does not normally count towards your minimum repayment so beware of relying on it. The only exception might be if the refund effectively paid off the balance due. 
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Did not know that, thanks @PaulW922
  • irelavv
    irelavv Posts: 73 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. Just waiting now for confirmation from the bus company whether the refund was actually processed on the day they said it was.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure