Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

DEBT/DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

DEBT/DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

73 replies 9.1K views
Hi I am embarrassed writing this but need advice please. Basically I am useless with money, too generous helping everyone out, giving it away (even though it was cards). I have suffered depression still am, gambled and basically in a mess. I work and  earn around 2,400 a month and am now in a vicous circle. I am left with around 150 a month. Credits cards are near 600 a month and loans 450. I cant remortgage as have utilised all that. I rang the credit cards for help, not very helpful. I Dont want work to know im in debt or anyone, too ashamed. I dont know what to do. Can anyone offer advice. Thankyou an embarrassed self inflicted disgrace. Thankyou

Replies

• edited 6 April 2020 at 6:20PM
    Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 April 2020 at 6:20PM
    Hi,

The simplest way to start is by completing your Statement of Affairs (SOA).  If you click on the 'format for MSE' button near the bottom of the form, then you can copy & paste the whole lot into this thread.  :)

Edit:  And there is nothing to feel embarrassed about...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • ronnies6ronnies6 Forumite
    42 posts
    10 Posts
    Hi just a question as the credit card companies were not helpful...is it better to contact step change to get help or is it best not to pay this months card bills and hope they offer intetest freeze? Sorry so worried and sleepless nights. Thanks
    42 posts
    10 Posts
    Sorry should read interest freeze
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fill in a statement of affairs as suggested.
    42 posts
    10 Posts
    Hi im going to do the Soa later as im in work. How do you paste it so it can be seen? I  was thinking of getting a secured loan if I can but dont think theres much if any equity. Rather than my credit file look bad with a DMP. Really in a mess all self inflicted. Anyone know a decent secure loan firm? Thanks
    42 posts
    10 Posts
    Just dont want work to be contacted or know my business
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely do NOT take out a secured loan.

We don't know what the answer will be until you post that soa. But itt won't be a secured loan!
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ronnies6 said:
    Hi im going to do the Soa later as im in work. How do you paste it so it can be seen? I  was thinking of getting a secured loan if I can but dont think theres much if any equity. Rather than my credit file look bad with a DMP. Really in a mess all self inflicted. Anyone know a decent secure loan firm? Thanks
    Dont get a secured loan.
    If your income were to suddenly drop your home would be at risk.

• DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ronnies6 said:
    Just dont want work to be contacted or know my business
    Your employer wont know about your issues unless you tell them.

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support