Food Delivery

Options
Hi guys, 

So at the moment I'm in an awkward position. I'm disabled and usually rely on delivery of shopping through Amazon. There's been no slots available for many weeks now, obviously they are incredibly busy. 

So today I ordered a domino's pizza, they put the food at my doorstep and I explained to the driver that I wouldn't be able to pick it up, he helped me but said he would get in trouble if his manager found out. 

I don't mind ordering takeaway food, I can refrigerate some and keep it for later so it seemed like a reasonable way to get through the next couple of weeks but if all delivery places are only doing contact free delivery I don't know how I go about getting the food. I obviously understand they need to protect their staff but I'd kinda like to be able to eat too! 

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do in these crazy times? 

Comments

• Diamandis
    Diamandis Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I live in a ground floor flat and putting a table outside would block access to the stairs unfortunately. 
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have an independent convenience store nearby as many are offering a delivery service? You could also look and see whether you have a local coronavirus community support group - you might already have received a leaflet through your door - as they are offering to assist those who are vulnerable/ isolating and need food/ medication delivered. Local Facebook groups would also be a good place to reach out for help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure