Consultation advice needed for prior verbal bonus offer

Hey wise people,
So my department is being made redundant, I'm 99% certain I'll be let go and I need some advice as many of us were given verbal confirmation of being placed on a new 'bonus scheme' essentially for staff retention purposes, the details of which were clearly outlined (a figure equal to 2 months basic pay to be issued in 2 payments, one in September 2020 and on in march 2021). I was told this in detail on 2 occasions via private meetings with members of the executive committee. This was basically to reassure us after a smaller previous round of redundancies. I think around 15+ of us were verbally offered this and whilst we did not receive this in writing, I do know that internally from an HR/comms point of view emails or similar do exists with reference to this and obviously a discussion around thw specific people to be offered was had in some form and surely documented somehow and noted somewhere. The two senior people who verbally offered me this are also in consultation and likely to be let go!

I was wondering how much right I haver to request this this bonus (which is essentially performance based when you break it down) in full or at least the 2020 payment. Does this verbal offer carry weight given it was extended to me on two occasions via senior members of the company (who I might add are good folks and in the same boat as me now)?

This is a point they have not yet clarified in their group consultation period and I am now awaiting my individual consolation and want to be prepared on this. 

Comments

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,649
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Normally things like this pay out if you stay with the company until September. It’s basically a golden handcuff deal. 

I would suspect as you’re being made redundant that they won’t pay this. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure