New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Fraudulent EasyJet email

6 replies 317 views
RonanMSERonanMSE Forumite
3 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
[email protected]

I’ve received a convincing promo to “Book your next trip” from this email address but with zero Covid information just pure promo.  I’m suspecting it’s fraudulent as EasyJet surely have no idea when things will recover.  But more to the point with all of their contact centres closed we can’t verify this? 

Does anyone recognise that email as congruent with previous valid  promotional material?

thanks 

Replies

• RonanMSERonanMSE Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I’ve only received one other email from this address and now the next one (today) is also personalised! 

• RonanMSERonanMSE Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie

Screenshot of headline 
  • edited 5 April at 12:23PM
    kaMelokaMelo Forumite
    56 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 5 April at 12:23PM
     "easyjet.com" is certainly owned by Easyjet, but of course email addresses can be spoofed.
    Open the properties of the email, see if it does genuinely come from easyjet.com.

It just looks like a promo email to me offering holidays next year. As long as you don't click on link in the email I don't see the problem.

• edited 6 April at 8:37AM
    SnowTigerSnowTiger Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 April at 8:37AM
    RonanMSE said:

Screenshot of headline 
    Probably genuine.

Have a similar email here.

There's a link at the top right: 'View in browser'.

Tapping/clicking on that (probably) takes you to a personalised webpage hosted at easyjet.com.  It did in the email I received.

Edit to add: charge your phone! 
  • edited 6 April at 10:44AM
    philip1988philip1988 Forumite
    161 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 6 April at 10:44AM
    To check if any email is genuine or not "hover" your curser over the the name to reveal the true email address.
    I recently had an email from "Easyjet" to win two flights which when I checked it came from India. Clealy a scam
  • SnowTigerSnowTiger Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    To check if any email is genuine or not "hover" your curser over the the name to reveal the true email address.
    I recently had an email from "Easyjet" to win two flights which when I checked it came from India. Clealy a scam
    LOL. Email addresses are VERY easily spoofed.