RBS refused Reward Account, but got email saying switch is going ahead

Options
About a month ago, before all this coronovirus business, I applied for a RBS Reward Account and to switch a BOS account to it. A week ago, I got an email saying my application had been refused, and about an hour ago got another email saying my switch is going ahead! So I'm a little confused.
As well as the £5 reward, I was going to take advantage of the Savings Builder (although no point now).
Don't know why they refused my application, but assumed it was because I used them as a donor account for a switch a couple of years ago, plus the fact I've got a NatWest Reward account already, as well as a 0% BT credit card I obtained last autumn that has a high limit with a 0% BT fee that I made full use of.
Anyone else come across this? 
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Perhaps your other RBS account has something to do with the decline. 
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, funny thing is, I now seem to have a RBS Reward account, as I am now able to log on via the app. So it would seem the email telling me my application had failed was erroneous and the account just took a couple of weeks longer than expected to open!
    I haven't seen anywhere though, that mentions the Savings Builder interest reducing to 1% the way the NatWest one is - can anyone shed any light on that? 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure