National holidays vouchers

Options
I booked national holidays to be going this Sunday 5th  April and due to the way the world is at the minute they canceled my holiday and are offering vouchers  till 2021 but must be booked before July 2020 as I don't no wat plans I have etc next year I don't want to book another weekend trip but want my money back they are refusing to give me a refund and only offer vouchers wat can I do about this as they have my money 

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 April 2020 at 8:14AM
    Options
    This is unfortunately a common practice at the moment with many travel firms.  

Whilst I have not seen any specific to National Holidays, you may wish to settle down and read some of the many other threads on the same situation and look for ideas and views from those also in this boat.
    43722 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do not know the specific circumstances here. I am not a lawyer, I am not trained in consumer issues at all. I would not be accepting their voucher offer right now. It is my view that travel companies may be legally obliged to refund you. I would wait for that to be tested, rather than rush in to take a voucher. Stick to your guns.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure