Can I have my name removed from business database

Options
kah22
kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
I recently bought a product I needed from Kartcher, power washers.  One of their terms and conditions was that I agreed to them sharing my information with other companies. Only I needed the product I would not have agreed to that condition. It seemed to be my age they were after

Can I contact them and tell them to remove my name from their database.  How, and if so, should I go about it.  Should I wait to receive my order, it should be here in 2/3 days. One possible issue though might be that I may need some other parts in a few weeks time.

Thanks for your help and advice

Kevin

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You have tick boxes when you make the order and you choose if you want to or not have your details shared,
    Life in the slow lane
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You have tick boxes when you make the order and you choose if you want to or not have your details shared,
    I did leave the boxes unticked but Karcher would not complete the sale until I agreed to their terms of supply and one of those was agreeing that they could pass my information onto other companies. 
  • The_Rainmaker
    The_Rainmaker Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Regardless of whether you can or can not, now is not the time to be worrying about this.
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,607 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 April 2020 at 11:03AM
    Options
    Regardless of whether you can or can not, now is not the time to be worrying about this.
    So why are you posting here instead of worrying about other things? 
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are we talking other random companies that might want to sell you things?  Or is it the other companies that they need to use in order to process the order?
    If they can't pass your details to their credit card processor and their courier, then they can't actually send you anything.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head Posts: 7,607 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 April 2020 at 11:04AM
    Options
    OP I'm assuming you purchased from the UK Kartcher site? If so the direct contact for their data controller, who would be best suited to address any concerns, is here:

www.kaercher.com/uk/services/support/online-shop-support/privacy-policy.html
  • The_Rainmaker
    The_Rainmaker Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    So why are you posting here instead of worrying about other things? 
    I don't have anything to worry about, I have been through and survived more threatening things in my life than a mere virus.  See my signature that tells you all you need to know.

But to answer your question I'm here for a bit of masochism  :wink:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport