Forum Home» Discount Codes 'n Vouchers» Code Not Found

Consumer rights when outside Amazon 30 day guarantee

New Post Advanced Search

Consumer rights when outside Amazon 30 day guarantee

SandraPhillipsSandraPhillips Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I purchased a new HP printer via Amazon at the end of November 2019 and have been a customer of theirs for 20 years and never had to return anything.  However, I noticed the ink was being used up quite quickly despite my normal usage.  I had to replace the black ink cartridge 3 times since November.  This last 10 days I have noticed a black ink blob appear on printed documents and when I looked inside I could see that the black cartridge was leaking when the cartridge holder was in its place of rest and hence it is now leaked all over the inside of the printer and has I think clogged up the printing heads.  I did some research online and I see this appears to be a common problem with this model which is a HP Officejet Pro 8725 which several people reporting the same fault.  I have attempted a refund from the seller on Amazon and they are not budging as I am out of the Amazon 30 day guarantee, I have asked Amazon directly to intervene to get my money back and they say they have done what they can. I have tried to contact HP as the manufacturer but I have no idea how to speak to anyone or report it as their website seems to want to check my machine electronically which I allow it to do and it says after a while that it cannot find my machine.  I have no clue where to go to get my money back.  It is a £200 printer and it has only lasted 4 months - but in real time was probably failing but I did not know it within the 30 days of purchase.  What can I do about getting my money back. I have asked Amazon for the full postal address of the vendor so that I can send a letter before action and I have not heard anything back?  Help! I am a therapist running a clinic at home and need a printer so I have just had to spend another £350 on a new printer!!!

Sandra