How to pay wonga back now

Options
My daughter has a wonga account on her credit file that she couldn't pay. She now wants to clear it the amount off. Problem we have is there is no way to do it. Website doesn't show anything and neither does the administrators site. What does she do because she trying to clear all her old debts.  
Thanks 

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This is what it says on their website:

Do I still need to repay my loan?

As the operations of the business have been wound down it is no longer able to accept payments.

What will happen if I haven’t repaid my loan?

In the event that you were unable to repay your loan by 20 December 2019 we cannot issue statutory notices and your credit file will continue to reflect your outstanding loan as being in default.

Can I take out a new loan or add additional funds to my existing loan?

The Joint Administrators are unable to provide further lending from the date of the administration appointment.

I need to talk to someone about my loan or I have a question which is not answered here

Please check the FAQs section of the website at: https://www.wonga.com/help and if your question is not covered, please contact Customer Care on 0207 138 8330.

I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It depends what happens to Wonga`s assets, the loans book will have been sold, most likely, although how many of these accounts will be chased i do not know, many of wonga`s clients will have had cause to complain about affordability issues, so at present its a game of wait and see who contacts you.

Six years after default the debt will disappear from her file, and eventually become statute barred if no contact is forthcoming.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure