Sent Application to wrong email address!

Options
Hi,
I've just applied for a balance transfer credit card with santander put all my details in including the card the payment would go from , BUT i put in my email in as .co.uk not .com so i'm worried the other party has access to my information!. I Can't get hold of any bank but i have froze my main card. What else can i do?

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Which email address did you get wrong?

Your title suggests it was Santander's but I can't believe they accept applications by email.

The post itself ("i put in my email in as .co.uk not .com") implies you mistyped your own email address in an application but you should be able to contact Santander and advise them of the error if that's what it was?

Re "I Can't get hold of any bank", why are you trying to contact more than one bank?
  • makemerich12
    Options
    Hi, i got my own email address wrong so my semi completed application has gone to a different email and yes i've tryed getting in touch with my main bank to inform them and santander 
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No, I still don't really understand exactly why you believe that sensitive card data has been sent to a wrong email address!

Were you making an online application on Santander's website?  If it's 'semi-completed', what makes you think that it'll be emailed back to you with any private data (banks avoid doing this)?

Maybe pause, take a deep breath, and slowly take your time to retrace your steps as to exactly what you did - if you can summarise this in concise but coherent and consistent terms it'll help people on here understand what's happened and what can be done about it....
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is the .co.uk a active domain name?
    Have you receieved any emails from  them?
    Life in the slow lane
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try sending an email to the wrong email address, if it bounces it means it is not currently in use.
  • makemerich12
    Options
    I've fixed it now thank you. I basically put my email address wrong on a processing application 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure