Passport Freeze

You can freeze a travel pass & none of us will be able to go anywhere for quite a while so what about this Martin?

Replies

• Seriously? That desperate for a fiver are you?
  • TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    14K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    It ain't going to happen.  The EU won't even accept the old extension which could be put onto passports if they were renewed early, so can you imagine the confusion if x months were to be added to all passports?
  • DUKEDUKE Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Just a question, everyone else seems to be getting money back for one thing & another & it is a money saving site.  
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Ambassador
    49.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Totally unmanageable . How on earth do you modify end dates on a passport without reissuing it ? 
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • NoodleDoodleManNoodleDoodleMan Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Exactly - the logistics would be very demanding.
  • gettingtheresometimegettingtheresometime Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Just wondering what the chances of getting an extension on my ESTA is.....must be the same as a snowball's chances in hell are 😆
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card / JD Williams cleared :) thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
  • photomephotome Forumite
    16K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    DUKE said:
    Just a question, everyone else seems to be getting money back for one thing & another & it is a money saving site.  
    Tell that to all those who have had holidays, flights etc cancelled or been stuck abroad and paid again for another flight and see if they all say they are getting refunds.

the idea of a passport freeze is not a good one
  • DUKEDUKE Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Neither was going on holiday.
  • photomephotome Forumite
    16K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    DUKE said:
    Neither was going on holiday.
    Not sure where you are going now, first a passport freeze and now it wasn’t a good idea to go on or book holidays.  Anyone booking a holiday before dec/ jan had no idea what was to lie ahead
  • edited 3 April 2020 at 5:23PM
    bagand96bagand96 Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 3 April 2020 at 5:23PM
    I've always taken the view that access to such comprehensive, and affordable foreign travel is a privilege.  And given I'm lucky enough to be able to afford that foreign travel, the £7.55 a year for a passport isn't really worth considering.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum