Child in at risk group but...

Options
Rayofshine23
Rayofshine23 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 30 March 2020 at 9:58PM in Coronavirus support and help
Hi hoping someone could shed some light at my wits end. My child has always suffered with his chest many hospital admissions. He is on a daily high dose of steroid Inhaler in case of illness always has been and blue salbutamol (only if needed) He only gets like this when he is ill. It seems a bit of a grey area I have rang the G. P who said he may well get a letter or he may not but we should isolate for 12 weeks. They said it isn't them who send the letters. Our employers want proof of this  but he seems likely to be in the Grey area. Can anyone explain where I stand from an emoyment point of view. Iv been online gov UK and like I say although says steroid Inhaler we may not receive a letter.
I'd appreciate any advice thanks

Comments

• Mrsn
    Mrsn Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My personal opinion is that you won’t receive the letter. The extremely vulnerable group that are receiving letters don’t appear to include asthma as one the conditions listed. My child also has a brown and blue inhaler but we haven’t had a letter on even been made aware that we may get one sorry...

Work options are very limited to be honest, you can apply for unpaid leave and if granted you will then want to apply if eligible for universal credit to compensate for the drop in income. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure