Hardship funds

Hello all,i hope everyone is safe and well during these crazy times.
i just wanted to ask someone who knows more about this than me.i heard the universities have something called hardship funds,which can be either an interest-free loan or a grant.now i want to know if i can be able to access this funds during this crisis period.i am in 2nd year at Roehampton University,Business Management and Entrepreneurship,and this hard times caught me with nothing in my pockets.i mean,i worked as a self employed courier for FedEx,more exactly for a subcontractor of them,and they left us home without any pay as the volume dropped massively and they reduced the number of drivers.i ve been home dor 2 weeks already and exhausted all my funds that i have,my landlord doesn t give a s*** about this lockdown and she wants her rent and i am behind with it as it should have been paid on 27th.the government doesn t give a dime on us,and they just making statements without any proper decisions.My question is,am i going to be able to access any of this funds due to my current situation?many thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
     Probably not if your uni is shut. The staff will have been sent home too. What happened to your student loan? 
     You could try local supermarkets. They're taking on loads of temps due to the amount of people they're getting in. 
  • _shel said:
     Probably not if your uni is shut. The staff will have been sent home too. What happened to your student loan? 
     You could try local supermarkets. They're taking on loads of temps due to the amount of people they're getting in. 
    Student loan is due in may,and no one is answering phones there cause they might need evidence of continuing employment,as for the local supermarkets,i honestly applied everywhere that there was an opened vacancy,no matter the pay or position.but still no responses yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure