Forum Home » Energy

British Gas v Scottish power

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

British Gas v Scottish power

4 replies 61 views
ManarManar Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi all, i hope someone can help me here, I’ve switched from British Gas to Scottish Power, in which it turns to be the same company but the latter is worse in terms of communication and I regret it now, the question is how would i know what is the best tariff and stuff? As i am very bad with numbers but i want to choose the best of it, as these companies talk jargons and a lot of fancy words that I cannot understand. So I’m here stuck with Acottish powere who’ve sent me the first bill without even take my meter reading! 
TIA 

Replies

• frugalmacdugalfrugalmacdugal Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    British Gas and Scottish Power are not the same company.
    Y'all take care now.
    happy0207.gif

• TalldaveTalldave Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you live (region/postcode) and what's your annual consumption of gas & electricity? 
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    15.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you take the meter readings and give them to your supplier . Monthly if you can to keep bills in line .
    BG is British SP is a Spanish owned company .
  • TalldaveTalldave Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Manar said:
    Hi all, i hope someone can help me here, I’ve switched from British Gas to Scottish Power, in which it turns to be the same company but the latter is worse in terms of communication and I regret it now, the question is how would i know what is the best tariff and stuff? As i am very bad with numbers but i want to choose the best of it, as these companies talk jargons and a lot of fancy words that I cannot understand. So I’m here stuck with Acottish powere who’ve sent me the first bill without even take my meter reading! 
    TIA 
    Why did you switch to Scottish Power?