IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS tickets for parking in my own bay

Options
I received 2 letters through the post to my old address about parking without a permit/authority, I appealed, providing my signed tenancy agreement to show I had authority, which were rejected (from reading these posts I see that was a waste of time). I have since had another 4 tickets, 1 a day for 6 consecutive days for having no permit to park (it has slipped off the dash and with corona virus lockdown, I hadn’t used my car). Is there anything I can do about this, can the landlord provide evidence that I have authority and have the letters stopped/fine cancelled? Should I just ignore the letters? 

Thanks

Comments

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Read this, 

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2016/11/residential-parking.html

What does your lease/AST say about parking? Does it mention the need to display a permit? If not then it may take primacy over the self serving TnC of the scammer, and interfere with your lawful right to “quiet enjoyment” of your property, possible an offence under The Landlord and Tenants Acts.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP., it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and in some cases, cancellation.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • 1993wiljoe
    Options
    Thanks, I've got my tenancy agreement here and I can't actually see a section in the agreement that refers to a parking space or permit? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 March 2020 at 1:44AM
    Options
    Good, why the question mark though?  This has been done to death on similar threads a thousand times (not joking) and is nothing new and the regulars time is stretched at the moment, in more ways than just on the forum.

Seems to me that you need to read the NEWBIES FAQS thread and maybe then read ten other 'own space' tenancy parking charge threads that you find when you start looking, because we are too busy to cover these basics. 

We will help when you get a court claim, if you can't get it cancelled in the usual way (again covered everywhere...and it's not 'appeal').

Obviously you are not going to be paying but you can't ignore a future court claim, so if the Managing Agents and/or your landlord refused to cancel these false PCNs when you complained (as anyone would have done) then make sure the parking firm have your current address at all times over the 6 years they have to try a doomed claim.

We win them here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure