Boots website

As anyone actually managed to get on the Boots website in recent days. I think I've been on their "virtual queue" for over an hour and still some 215636 ahead of me. Surely they haven't really though this through as people are just leaving their browsers now without any hope or intention now of actually getting on the site.

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    I think they've taken the mantra of only 2 customers in the store at any time too literally. ;)
  • catnap53
    catnap53 Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes,  started in a queue of 213,000,  checked several times and eventually  5 hours later got to the top.  Unfortunately I had gone to prepare a meal,  and missed my 10 minute slot!  Tried again with a queue of 230K. 
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm looking to buy some day nurse. Can you order it anywhere
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 27 March 2020 at 3:18PM
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=day+nurse

Plenty of places to buy it online, including at Superdrug.
  • boots_babe
    boots_babe Posts: 3,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Personally I think the queuing system which a lot of companies such as Boots have implemented, is a fantastic idea. It's far better than the web site being overwhelmed with demand and crashing as it struggles to cope. I've had occasions during sales when you can get very frustrated spending ages trying to get things to add to your basket, then basket emptying unexpectedly, payment failing etc.

Whereas the queuing system is a great way of controlling demand, and ensuring everyone is guaranteed a turn. I started in the Boots queue yesterday and was number 266,000 in the queue. I think it took about 6 hours for me to get to the front, but when my turn came the site behaved perfectly, I was able to complete my purchased whatsoever.

Not sure what you'd prefer Boots to do really??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure