Warning: Tesco Mobiles

I made the mistake of buying a Tesco mobile from their website. Seemed like a good deal but it broke in a week. Samsung's fault not Tesco's.

After several phone calls they sent the envelope for me to return it.

2 weeks on, no refund.

I spent over an hour on the phone being passed from department to department to people being very polite but unable to help, even though I had a reference number, customer number and order number.
Finally I spoke to someone who's going to look into it and get back to me (hopefully).

They're a shoddy outfit to be honest and from what I've read about Tesco's itself, quite an evil empire.

I won't be spending any more money there.

Ed.

Comments

• Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    Surely if it's faulty in the first week it could just be replaced or refunded?

As far as a fault goes, thats not Tesco so who are you calling - Tesco to sort it or have they just passed you onto Samsung???
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,620
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ed_Zep wrote: »
    Samsung's fault not Tesco's.

not really, your contract is with Tesco not Samsung, and you should be dealing with Tesco. Faulty after 2 weeks (as long as there is no user damage) should result in a replacement or refund.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport