NHS APPLAUSE - PLEASE JOIN IN

Options
Hi everyone, I'm sure you, just like me, have loved ones, family & friends working in the NHS & appreciate all that they are doing, risking their own lives to save others, during these worrying times.
At 8pm tonight the country is attempting to get everyone outside their house, staying safe of course, 2 metres apart if you don't have a front garden, to applaud & honour the amazing NHS staff to show our appreciation for what they are doing.
I hope that you will all join in to honour these wonderful people.
Stay safe everyone. If we follow the Government regulations we WILL get through this & hopefully those people who criticise our NHS staff will learn some lessons along the way & learn to appreciate exactly how hard they work.
Positivity is the key to success

Comments

• libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well said, lizd31, totally agree!
  • Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    We'll be out there, all the NHS workers are going above and beyond at the moment.
  • Fletch123
    Fletch123 Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Will certainly be joining in appreciate everything they are doing .
  • angler71
    angler71 Posts: 425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cant agree more,my wife is a paramedic so she is in the firing line,A big round of applause for all NHS workers dealing with this crisis
    Thanks To Everyone Who Posts :beer:
  • couriervanman
    couriervanman Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Not a fantastic response around here but a big thanks to those who did come out......especially the big fella across the road with his air horn :) well done sir
  • Annaeliz
    Annaeliz Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Amazing response where I live! So proud, very emotional! 👏👏👏👏👏
    2020 wins: Petsafe Smart Feeder, Family ticket to Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live, Iconic Mascara, Maleficent DVD, Hemline Thimble Desk Organiser, Product of the Year Goody Bag, Inside Soap £50, Florette Salad, Midway DVD, Red Dwarf Bluray, Sponsor a Swan, Cosmo Subscription, Lavendar Plants, Core Balance Dome Balance Trainer, Yoga Fitness Mat, TV Choice £200
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That was quite emotional! Even though we live in a rural spot, we left our warm sofa to go and clap under very dark and starry skies. Would you believe, we heard others clapping too?! Proud to recognise and celebrate all our health and other essential workers. Thank-you
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • Goodnight_Irene
    Options
    Live in a Bristol suburb in sight of a hospital,a few fireworks going off and immediate neighbours out clapping. Also heard in the next road.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    Options
    lizd31 said:

Stay safe everyone. If we follow the Government regulations we WILL get through this & hopefully those people who criticise our NHS staff will learn some lessons along the way & learn to appreciate exactly how hard they work.
    well said liz ^^ x
     went out with a few people from our complex  & was good to see lots of others waving & clapping out their windows, also heard lots on side streets/few fireworks let off, well done all who supported/joined in   smiley

please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,666 Forumite
    Options
    I live in a small village in North Devon and people clapped and banged kitchen pans in support of the NHS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure