»

Self employed - new businesses won't be eligible??????

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Self employed - new businesses won't be eligible??????

1 reply 92 views
JJ777JJ777 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
I am extremely worried in advance of the Chancellor's announcement today that I could be one of the many who will fall through the cracks of the mechanism they will use (last 3 years returns).
I started my new business in September last year and have until recently lived on my savings which recently ran out - the minimal money that has came into the business so far has purely been to cover costs and the nature of my business means that I will have no opportunity to earn any money over the coming weeks and months.
Does anyone have any thoughts - really concerned I will actually have no way of getting enough money to live over the next few months !!!!

Replies

• sharpe106sharpe106 Forumite
    819 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭

Until it is announced nobody will know. In the meantime could you not take a job at a supermarket or similar to keep you going until you can restart your business or claim any other benefits?