Damaged TV past the 30 day ebay money back guarantee UPDATED return courier options needed

Options
allison445
allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Purchased a tv on the 13th February from Panasonic on ebay tv arrived on the 14th and I stupidly forget to check it I had just moved in and was busy decorating and doing other things I have just removed it from the box and the screen is badly cracked should I just move on or contact the seller ?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 March 2020 at 10:30PM
    Options
    You could try contacting the seller to see what they say. However you have no way of proving at all that you haven’t damaged it in the 5 weeks you’ve had it, unless the damage somehow looks old or due to an apparent fault. 

On PayPal you have a 180 day window for a claim, but where the damage could well have been caused after delivery I don’t know if you would win a case. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • allison445
    Options
    Thanks I thought as much was my own fault should have checked it but was just so busy at the time was a manufacture's refurbished so as least it was cheaper than had it been brand new.
  • allison445
    Options
    After contacting the seller and sending pictures of the damaged tv they have agreed to accept a return if I pay the postage which I am happy to do does any one know the best courier option for return as I know a lot of companies don't give any compensation for tv's the weight is 18kg Thanks
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    After contacting the seller and sending pictures of the damaged tv they have agreed to accept a return if I pay the postage which I am happy to do does any one know the best courier option for return as I know a lot of companies don't give any compensation for tv's the weight is 18kg Thanks
    What compensation/value do you put on a TV with a broken screen?

• allison445
    Options
    custardy said:

should have probably worded that better it's more compensation for loss I am looking into as the tv is already damaged I don't need this option
    After looking at a few and due to the size I think parcel force are going to be my best option
    Then again the value is also a problem as the tv is in its present condition worth scrap but to me its worth the full cost of what I paid.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    custardy said:

should have probably worded that better it's more compensation for loss I am looking into as the tv is already damaged I don't need this option
    After looking at a few and due to the size I think parcel force are going to be my best option
    Then again the value is also a problem as the tv is in its present condition worth scrap but to me its worth the full cost of what I paid.
    The reality is most would likely have in their T&Cs they wont carry it as it has broken glass.
    So you will be sending at your own risk TBH
  • allison445
    Options
    custardy said:
    The reality is most would likely have in their T&Cs they wont carry it as it has broken glass.
    So you will be sending at your own risk TBH
    Yes I am thinking this may be one of the reasons the seller has agreed to a return knowing I was going to encounter these problems
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure