Made redundant today after 32 years

Sadly today i have been made redundant after over 30 years, I was intially offered a job within the company 90 mile round trip from my house, presently i am 2 miles from the site, I asked about cost towards fuel, travel time etc and was told no extra was offered. I am in the union and they have said that this offer is totally unreasonable. Also we were subjected to a matrix point scoring system which has been scored totally wrong on many of the affected people. Intially HR didnt even know what job role people had .and yet within a week weve been assessed scored and the results are not good for the majority.In the letter it also states that if i was to take the offer at the other site and it wasnt suitable within the first month i must give notice and the company will view this as resignation, There is no sign of a mobilty clause in the contract of employment and to make no offer of cost cover for going to other site is legally questionable i feel

Comments

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,649
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I don’t believe that if your position is made redundant and you are offered a position at another location that the company has to compensate you for petrol and travel time. 

It seems like you’ve been offered either redundancy or a position at another branch. Although unpleasant I don’t believe legally there is anything you can do to protest this.  
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure