»

Made redundant today after 32 years

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Made redundant today after 32 years

1 reply 461 views
doris540doris540 Forumite
10 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
 Sadly today i have been made redundant after over 30 years, I was intially offered a job within the company 90 mile round trip from my house, presently i am 2 miles from the site, I asked about cost towards fuel, travel time etc and was told no extra was offered. I am in the union and they have said that this offer is totally unreasonable. Also we were subjected to a matrix point scoring system which has been scored totally wrong on many of the affected people. Intially HR didnt even know what job role people had .and yet within a week weve been assessed scored and the results are not good for the majority.In the letter it also states that if i was to take the offer at the other site and it wasnt suitable within the first month i must give notice and the company will view this as resignation, There is no sign of a mobilty clause in the contract of employment and to make no offer of cost cover for going to other site is legally questionable i feel

Replies

• JReacher1JReacher1 Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t believe that if your position is made redundant and you are offered a position at another location that the company has to compensate you for petrol and travel time. 

It seems like you’ve been offered either redundancy or a position at another branch. Although unpleasant I don’t believe legally there is anything you can do to protest this.