New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Ground rent at holiday parks

1 reply 508 views
Help. Can I expect to get a refund on my ground rent? I pay £3600 pa on an 11 months season. 600 caravans on site. We have been asked to leave and not return due to the directives on second homes.

Replies

• BarnbyBarnby Forumite
    28 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    fran02080 said:
    Help. Can I expect to get a refund on my ground rent? I pay £3600 pa on an 11 months season. 600 caravans on site. We have been asked to leave and not return due to the directives on second homes.
    I had the exact same situation. The site I am on is only about 60 caravans/lodges. I had been staying in my caravan for about 2 weeks to avoid contact elsewhere. My Plot is total secluded. No services on site just fishing lakes. Had good stock of food so thought I was doing the right thing. Told by site owner on Monday that site was closing immediately as a result of government instruction and I must return home. Had just paid £4300 ground rent which starts 1st April. Now cannot return until further notice. Although the site is a holiday complex there are about 6-8 units which are the only residence that the owners have. They sold properties and live on site. Pay only the 5% council tax charged by the site. As this has now been suspended nobody will pay this . These people are living without contributing towards the UK running costs including NHS. Because they have no home they have been allowed to stay on site. I'm hoping local council find out and take some action. These people openly brag about living on the site. Makes me furious even more so now.
    Anyway rant over. How do I stand regarding any refund? I asked owner today on phone. He said he didn't know. All staff have been furloughed and owner will pay no business rates. On my calculation he has received about £300,000 in fees this month. He lives on site. How do we stand?