Girlfriend temporarily laid off AFTER 80% wage announcement
My girlfriend just found out she's been temporarily laid off, despite the government's wage announcement. I feel like I know what the answer is going to be but is there anything that can be done about it?
Is there any reason anyone can think of why they've done this especically considering it's only a temporary lay off due to having to close? All I can see is that it's a pretty scummy move on their part to basically be saying "rather than keep you on our books so that the government will pay you so you can still pay your rent, we're gonna lay you off for a few months so that you get no money whatsoever despite it costing us nothing to keep you on".
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.4K Life & Family
- 246.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards