New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Buying "special" cheese online

17 replies 771 views
Emily_JoyEmily_Joy Forumite
492 posts
100 Posts Second Anniversary
✭✭
Looking for a nice cheese collection, something you cannot get from a supermarket. Any suggestions/recommendations? (The OH's birthday is very soon).

Replies

• edited 25 March at 6:37AM
    deannatroisdeannatrois Forumite
    7.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 March at 6:37AM
    I googled 'buy a cheese board selection'.  Or try something else similar 'buy cheese online' etc.  Have a play.
  • Margaret_100Margaret_100 Forumite
    68 posts
    10 Posts
    I have ordered from Neil’s Yard on line fir Easter treats for the family. Not cheap but excellent quality and not only helps a relative small UK business but also very small businesses that make the cheese and now due to no restaurants open are loosing most of their trade. I have also had good cheese from the Cheese Shed. 
  • nooneynooney Forumite
    166 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Home Insurance Hacker!
    We we ordered from Wensleydale Creamery Hawes. They have a lovely selection the portions were generous and postal cost was low.  Highly recommended 
  • MrsStepfordMrsStepford Forumite
    455 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Lots of cheesemakers are doing hampers right now. Suggest googling makers of his favourite cheeses. Might be cheaper than a cheese shop, farm shop or grocer. 
  • jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Neals Yard Dairy offer fantastic cheese for delivery.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • MurphybearMurphybear Forumite
    5.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they like Cheddar then have a look at Godminster.  They are a small company in Somerset that make organic cheese.  It is wrapped in wax so will keep.

We have tried virtually Cheddar made in the West Country and this is one of the best 
  • Emily_JoyEmily_Joy Forumite
    492 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Thank you everyone. I am surprised I haven't thought about it myself! I always buy flour directly from a mill, milk, meat, eggs, and vegetables from local (15miles) farms... Naturally, I should have thought of buying cheese from a creamery! Sadly our local cheesemakers (Fowlers) don't seem to sell to general public.
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emily_Joy said:
    Thank you everyone. I am surprised I haven't thought about it myself! I always buy flour directly from a mill, milk, meat, eggs, and vegetables from local (15miles) farms... Naturally, I should have thought of buying cheese from a creamery! Sadly our local cheesemakers (Fowlers) don't seem to sell to general public.
    Do a check on that. A lot of local small places who catered for the catering trade have had to move very quickly to selling to the public. Even our local creamery have opened up vacancies for milkmen which they never had to bother with before
  • SootySweep1SootySweep1 Forumite
    68 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Hi
    Where do you live ?
    Look for local cheese makers.
     Jen
  • edited 26 April at 10:37PM
    TimalayTimalay Forumite
    856 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 26 April at 10:37PM
    I heard about the monthly cheese club in a video recently.