Time out the market?

Options
I realise there has been a lot of threads about Vanguards timings and I have searched each to try and find the answer to my question but cannot see it. 

I wanted to partially sell a part of my holding in Vanguard LS100 to buy something else. I submitted the sell order this afternoon, I understand their valuation point is approx 9pm tonight and dealings cut off is 10am tomorrow. Does that mean I will get tonight’s price and the cash should be in my HL account tomorrow, sometime shortly after 10am? 

While the markers are volatile I don’t want to be out for long. The next purchase with this cash will be executed instantly as that’s not a fund so concerns there. 

Thanks for your help and apologies for creating another thread about Vanguards timings!

Comments

• Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You sold too late to get this evenings price evaluation . You needed to sell before 09.00/10.00 ( depending on platform ) 
    Your sell order will be executed using the valuation price of 9pm tomorrow night . It then usually takes another couple of days for the sale to be completed but in most cases the platform will allow you to buy other investments with the cash before the actual cash comes through.
    It might seem a bit cumbersome but these types of funds are really for long term investments, in which case a day here or there makes no difference.
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Which is unfortunate. You may very well catch the knife after such a big rise today. I tried to sneak in a bit more but i've been snagged by todays likely relief rally.
  • Reg_Smeeton
    Reg_Smeeton Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    On HL use the “switch into another fund” option when selling your Vanguard fund, and stipulate a cash figure you want to switch rather than a %. That way the instructions for your new order are placed at the same time and can be realised before Vanguard confirm the sale of your existing units.
    Save £12k in 2020 #42 £12,551.25 / £14,000 89.65%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport