British Airways Refund

Hi Guys,
Quick question, when you apply for a refund online, it comes up with a tick box for Consent of other Passengers. Will I be asked to confirm if I want a refund or is that the only page they send you too?
What is the usual refund for BA?

Replies

• SenseicadsSenseicads Forumite
    197 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Be aware it looks like if you apply for refund online you are only getting a voucher...you might be happy with that though. its personal choice, but do be aware if you are expecting money back! 
  • markcov99markcov99 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    Hi guys. New here thought id jump on this thread instead of making a new one. 
    My wife's due to goto new York in may with BA and the flight is showing scheduled but we think by the time it comes round it will be cancelled.  Also as we are both now struggling with work we wont be able to save up the rest. 

Someones told me that BA only do vouchers which is no good to us now.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Many thanks 
  • twinslog01twinslog01 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    My BA flight was cancelled this week for 15 April. I followed the instructions and went online, pressed the refund button, filled in the details and then was told I would be getting a voucher. I've Dm'd them on Twitter to say I want a refund not a voucher, as per the law but I've been told they can't give a refund once a voucher has been issued. I've gone back with a screen shot of the error on their part and waiting to hear back again. It feels really underhand and am sure I'm not the only person this has happened to. Anyone else in the same boat?
  • Nuada7Nuada7 Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    On another message board (a football one) a user has mentioned how he'd heard that it's best/easiest to do absolutely nothing and wait for the departure date. Then ask for a refund.
    I'm going to try this, and let you know what my experience is (I was due to fly on 4th April)
  • 2Daughters2Daughters Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    You need to phone BA for a refund, you cannot do it online.  I called them last week for our flight to the USA on the 5th April which has been cancelled.  I waited about 20 minutes on hold but eventually got through and I was given a full refund.  There is no other way but to call them and say you want a refund - money is already back on our card.
  • fgen86fgen86 Forumite
    13 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You need to phone BA for a refund, you cannot do it online.  I called them last week for our flight to the USA on the 5th April which has been cancelled.  I waited about 20 minutes on hold but eventually got through and I was given a full refund.  There is no other way but to call them and say you want a refund - money is already back on our card.
    Just to echo what @2Daughters says, it appears you can only reschedule or apply for vouchers online if you follow the links BA provide. I have seen a link that takes you to a reclaim form but I think it's safer to get the refund confirmed by a person via the phone. Be prepared to wait a while on the phone and ignore their recorded message asking you not to call unless you're travelling in the next 72 hours. The first time I tried I was disconnected before even getting into a queue numerous times and gave up after about 45 minutes. The second time I was on hold for about 15 minutes (yesterday afternoon). When I did speak to an assistant they were polite, helpful and efficient so it's worth the hassle.
  • AlfiethefishAlfiethefish Forumite
    4 Posts
    First Post
    we had flights to Italy cancelled in March. I applied for refunds on line but the system refused to accept my credit card details for refund. They have acknowledged the refund request but as at yesterday all I get in response from then is an e mail saying we are on the case. I can't get through on their refund line. Anyone know how long refunds are taking?