New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Delay Repay - Return Journey

2 replies 51 views
I travelled from Brighton to Dorchester on 2/2/20 and the train was delayed by over 2 hours. Southern paid 100% of the return ticket price.
I returned on 9/2/20 and the train was delayed by over 2 hours, my delay repay claim was declined because I had already received !00% of the return ticket price.
Is this correct I cannot see anything explicit about this on the Southern Rail site only that delayed journeys are subject to delay repay claims

Replies

• JJthe2ndJJthe2nd Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    You already had all your money back. You're not supposed to make a profit.
  • edited 1 April at 5:04PM
    shedboy52shedboy52 Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    edited 1 April at 5:04PM
    I am asking what are the rules...nothing else.....if you have nothing positive to add don't post
    Delay repay is a compensation scheme for late running services..... just because the rates at which compensation is calculated is mechanical doesn't necessarily mean they should not be more than the cost of the journey. Flight delay compensaton can be in excess of what is paid for the flight ticket