Made redundant 2 days before 80% wage promise

Hi just looking for advice, I was made redundant with due to the company going bust (with no notice or pay ) 2 days before the government announced the 80% wage promise. I understand I am enitled to redundancy, money owed etc from the government but just wondered if anybody knows if this 80% wage promise may apply in anyway? 

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,449
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I think you either get one or the other, not both. The 80% wage is for those whose employer cannot afford to pay and have been laid off until the crisis is over
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Volkswagmad said: I understand I am enitled to redundancy, money owed etc from the government but just wondered if anybody knows if this 80% wage promise may apply in anyway? 
    If your job is redundant the government won't be paying you the allowance intended for workers at firms which have been told to close temporarily.

Your job is gone, you won't be returning after the crisis abates. 

Other benefits will continue to be available to you, however. 
  • epm-84
    epm-84 Posts: 2,723
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Volkswagmad said: I understand I am enitled to redundancy, money owed etc from the government but just wondered if anybody knows if this 80% wage promise may apply in anyway? 
    the allowance intended for workers at firms which have been told to close temporarily.
    Not quite correct.  It's aimed at companies who have had to reduce their workforce on a temporary basis.  That can include businesses who are open but with skeleton staffing like travel agents and airports.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure