At Risk (of Redundancy) Letter, 20/03

Following an informal conversation on the same day from HR, I received a letter on Friday stating that I was at risk of Redundancy and  that there would be a consultation. Given the subsequent announcement from the government concerning the new scheme to keep employees in employment during the epidemic, do I have any options to stay in employment with my current employer, i.e. are they under any obligation concerning this announcement? You might ask why would I want to stay, but I can see this epidemic rumbling on for 12-18 months, and whilst there are restrictions and lockdowns on and off, I can't see many vacancies coming on. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,459
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If your job has become redundant, then your employers appear to be doing nothing unlawful.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Is this a redundancy situation triggered by normal business events or because of coronavirus?  If it is Corona related they may be prepared to switch you to the sabatical 80% option. 
    If it is however unrelated to this then they will probably want to make you redundant. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure