Job Worry

Options
Hi all. I'm in a difficult position at the moment - I'm on a fixed term contract until end of May. This is a project job so will likely be extended for 12 months but with everything going on it is uncertain. I recently applied for a new job with same organisation which is permanent and been offered an interview for next week. However - I'm also a single parent with no childcare with schools closed. So my query is, if I'm able to get to the interview, should I (considering the risk of going with Corona)? I'd also struggle if offered job as I have nowhere for my child to go until schools open. However if I don't then I could be unemployed (unlikely but could happen) end of May. 
I'm also wondering if companies do recruit during this time, is it discrimination to people affected who cannot attend (due to childcare or being ill with virus etc)? Is recruitment essential during this time?  
Up and onwards to the future!

:j

Comments

• Jeremy535897
    Jeremy535897 Posts: 10,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you can't do the job because of your child (either because of lack of childcare or concerns about their health) I don't see how you can apply for it. Employers are recruiting at the moment (NHS, supermarkets) and that recruitment is likely to be essential.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure