Zero hour contract, job closure due to coronavirus

Hi, 

My partner has a zero hour contract in a small family run business in the retail sector. Due to coronavirus, the shop has shut and as a result, my partner is no longer being paid. This has put strain on our finances (I pay the majority of the bills like rent, utlilty bills etc) and we rely on my partners income for food shopping each week. As she is not off sick but not able to work is my partner able to get any assistance? We also pay private rent, so we are unable to claim any mortgage "breaks". Also my salary is over the Universal Credit threshold we won't be entitled to that either... Where do we stand? 

I have tried to come to an arrangement with our landlord to temporarily pay less rent, but I'm not holding out any hope.

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,463
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Has she been formally dismissed or for obvious reasons just not being offered any hours?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Picard91
    Picard91 Posts: 67
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    @lincroft1710 , if someone is not been offered any hours do you know what they are eligible for?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,463
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Picard91 said:
    @lincroft1710 , if someone is not been offered any hours do you know what they are eligible for?
    Sorry, I don't
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure