Forum Home » Redundancy & Redundancy Planning

Job Loss and High Risk Coronavirus

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Job Loss and High Risk Coronavirus

1 reply 132 views
ErrieErrie Forumite
4 posts
Name Dropper First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
My partner’s boss unexpectedly gave him his notice last Thursday giving 1 month’s notice and committing to pay him any owed commissions. His reason was that the company couldn’t afford to keep him as the sales he was bringing in wasn’t enough. The company has restructured and the CEO is now the sales manager. My partner started work in October 2018, prior to that we had lived outside the UK for 7 years. He is very experienced, is applying for jobs and has already had some interviews but I’m worried how we will manage financially before he gets another job as he was the main earner, our rent and outgoings are fairly high.
This is all complicated by the fact that he is in a high risk group for coronavirus and should therefore be practicing social distancing for the next 12 weeks, so he can’t just take any job to fill the gap (which he would normally). Does anyone have any advice please?

Replies