ROYAIL MAIL Delivery services

Options
Does anyone here use the Royal Mail 48/24 business account services here for Ebay selling? I've just started using this service just under a month ago, I've had nearly 10 non delivery confirmation updates so far and and over half of these customers are opening cases and claiming Item Not received (still increasing) I've tried contacting RM several times only to be told to wait or responded 
Delivery Confirmation provides a way of gaining confirmation of delivery or attempted delivery but is not a notification or tracked service. It is not guaranteed and we will not accept responsibility for complaints or claims made in relation to the availability or accuracy of this service. This information is confirmed in our terms and conditions which can be viewed on our website
I understand  there is no guarantee or compensation but nearly 10 non-delivery confirmations in just under a month? is this a temporary issue( due to Corona virus) or on going? Any advice or info would be much appreciated! 

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 March 2020 at 12:44PM
    Options
    I have been using RM24/48 for about 2 years and there is a percentage of failed delivery confirmation, I suspect mine is around 10% failure at worst although sometimes it seems to improve and I get a near 100% success rate. Luckily not all of mine end up with an INR .

I too have spoken to them about the failure rate and have had that standard message back . It does make it difficult when this is a service that carries no insurance against loss either. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tka
    tka Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for your reply - I'm hoping things do improve ,  the parcels with no update confirmations , (even though these services are paid for) over half of them now are claiming INR's.  Even if I do fully refund the customers and apologise promptly you till get some neutral or even negative feedbacks  which makes the situation even more stressful!                                                                 I agree no protection against these situation makes it very difficult for small business sellers.  Being one myself if INR cases increases and confirmation rates do not improve it will be very difficult for me to survive,
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I obviously doomed myself by replying earlier, I have just had a ‘where is my item’ message on Facebook, item sent Rm48 on Monday. Checking the delivery number still shows the dreaded ‘ an update will be provided....’

On a different note eBay sales are now so dire that for the first time in about 16 years I a, seriously considering cancelling my shop subscription, removing my listings and waiting this out. Thank goodness I don’t rely on my online sales for my income. Even before the latest virus issue my Facebook sales had been outpacing my eBay sales by a high margin. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tka
    tka Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks like I may need to consider alternatives, especially with Royal Mail -  unfortunately due to the nature of my business -selling small and mainly low value items  -  I am limited due to the high fees - selling or postage. Thanks for your replies so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure