Coronavirus impact on PPI claims

How do you think Coronavirus will affect PPI claims? It has already been predicated that the PPI claims will continue until at least the summer or even October 2020, however, do you think the Coronavirus will delay the situation even further? Or can PPI teams and DSAR teams continue to work as normal from home? Can they access data just like they can in the office? 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 March 2020 at 11:51PM
    No effect whatever.
     PPI complaints ended forever several months ago, now only the very last are still being considered.  
    However, if too many Bank staff become ill then obviously there will be a further delay in decisions and payouts. 

I'm amazed you personally haven't already had your final rejections. 

I thought you decamped to other forums?
  • No effect whatever.
     PPI complaints ended forever several months ago, now only the very last are still being considered.  
    The deadline to complain was several months ago, but the complaints are nowhere near over! There are many people who have complained to the FOS, and that process can take several months (especially if you ask your case to be reviewed again by an ombudsman). Hence why, some PPI staff with the big banks have had their contracts extended until October 2020

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    As ever, I'll leave you to it...
  • No effect whatever.
    However, if too many Bank staff become ill then obviously there will be a further delay in decisions and payouts. 

You are going to be even more amazed with my recent PPI payout! £565.12 from an original PPI amount of £31.10! Just waiting until April to get the £50 odd back in tax. Not bad money hey? 
  • No effect whatever.

I’ve had a hiatus, Money, as I do happen to have a life and work. I’m open-minded and dismiss pessimists  (Hence the recent payout!) and search any website that benefits me and others ... I’ll leave you to it 
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Could be. I’m off and we have a number of fellow case handlers in the same boat.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • As ever, I am amazed at the priorities of some people
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    How do you think Coronavirus will affect PPI claims?

For people that already have PPI plans in force, then they should be covered.  However, for those looking to buy new PPI, they will probably find it is excluded in the short term as it is a known event.

;)

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 March 2020 at 9:52AM

I’m open-minded and dismiss pessimists 
    That's the direct opposite of being open-minded...
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You've got to laugh ;):# 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business