Ebay Pending Payment?

I sold an item on Ebay a few days ago and received confirmation from Paypal that the payment had been made. Therefore, I dispatched the item, checked my Paypal account today and item is an Ebay Pending Payment. Checked what an Ebay Pending Payment is and it is usually some dispute over the item. I have received no complaint about the item through my Ebay account.  Any ideas what is going on?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jazzy said:
    I sold an item on Ebay a few days ago and received confirmation from Paypal that the payment had been made. Therefore, I dispatched the item, checked my Paypal account today and item is an Ebay Pending Payment. Checked what an Ebay Pending Payment is and it is usually some dispute over the item. I have received no complaint about the item through my Ebay account.  Any ideas what is going on?
    Can you explain exactly what you see when you look at the payment in your PayPal account ? 

Can you see any disputes open either in eBay or PayPal? 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jazzy
    jazzy Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There are no disputes in ebay or paypal accounts.

• soolin
    jazzy said:
    There are no disputes in ebay or paypal accounts.

That looks the standard 21 day hold. Are you a newish seller or was this sale higher end that usual or in a new category? 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • jazzy
    I have been with eBay for several years with 100% feedback I usually use eBay for buying goods. The item I sold went for £95 in a general category.
  • soolin
    jazzy said:
    I have been with eBay for several years with 100% feedback I usually use eBay for buying goods. The item I sold went for £95 in a general category.
    That would trigger the hold. Even though you are not new to eBay you are technically a new or light seller , and at £95 the item was almost certainly expensive enough to trigger the hold. If you search for details of the 21 day hold it will be explained to you. 

• jazzy
    Thanks for the explanation.  I just hope the funds do clear after the 21 days because I have posted the item.
  • soolin
    jazzy said:
    Thanks for the explanation.  I just hope the funds do clear after the 21 days because I have posted the item.
    They are cleared, just not available to you yet. 
  • jazzy
    After contacting Ebay they have confirmed that they will release the money within the next 24hrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure