New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Need advice

3 replies 101 views
jan1974jan1974 Forumite
1 posts
Photogenic
MoneySaving Newbie
Really sorry if I have posted in an incorrect category. I purchased an electric skateboard from Black Hawk Electric for my son in December it cost £350. From day 1 we had issues and the company asked for pictures. They blamed it on water damage and I assured them the board has never been used in the rain. We had no rain! Their reviews were brilliant which I why I decided to buy but in hindsight the reviews were only on their own site. I eventually for my money back from the credit card company. I then posted a negative review on trust pilot and the company emailed me to say if I took the negative review down they would compensate me, they sent me a disclaimer to sign. I declined this offer and stated they should have offered more support in January not because I posted a negative review. Since this, trust pilot have now removed my review. I am frustrated I can't voice my views on this company and they are selling this product not taking into account the  upset it causes. My son was absolutely devastated. Does anyone know why My reviews keep getting taken down. Do these companies pay the review sites to remove negative posts. Mine was 100% genuine. If anyone can help as I am determined to ensure the public of aware of this company. 

Replies

• edited 15 March at 1:21PM
    JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 March at 1:21PM
    Not a consumer rights issue .
    Need to read TrustPilots terms and conditions .
    But really its a known problem all over the web with review sites.

• edited 15 March at 2:44PM
    UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    5.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 March at 2:44PM
    jan1974 said:
    Really sorry if I have posted in an incorrect category. I purchased an electric skateboard from Black Hawk Electric for my son in December it cost £350. From day 1 we had issues and the company asked for pictures. They blamed it on water damage and I assured them the board has never been used in the rain. We had no rain! Their reviews were brilliant which I why I decided to buy but in hindsight the reviews were only on their own site. I eventually for my money back from the credit card company. I then posted a negative review on trust pilot and the company emailed me to say if I took the negative review down they would compensate me, they sent me a disclaimer to sign. I declined this offer and stated they should have offered more support in January not because I posted a negative review. Since this, trust pilot have now removed my review. I am frustrated I can't voice my views on this company and they are selling this product not taking into account the  upset it causes. My son was absolutely devastated. Does anyone know why My reviews keep getting taken down. Do these companies pay the review sites to remove negative posts. Mine was 100% genuine. If anyone can help as I am determined to ensure the public of aware of this company. 
    Well you need to ask Trust Pilot that question.

Some companies (including one I have tangled with) routinely complain to Trust Pilot about any review they don't like, usually falsely claiming that the reviewer was not a customer. If that is the case and you send Trust Pilot some proof that you were a customer then they will generally reinstate the review.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same with mse, to some degree. Break the posting rules. But break them and someone complains, and it will be removed. Just post a similar message , making sure you haven't broken the rules( plus sending proof you were a customer as above)