IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pps and drpl

Options
hi, I know there are tons of posts on similar issues but I have somehow failed to see something that relates to my case closely enough. 

We parked at a train station in didcot and paid for the parking using Ringo. When we got back we had a ticket. Obviously we appealed and it turned out the parking we paid for was the one next to where we parked. And not managed by pps. We missed the appeal email and completely forgot. The next we know is a drpl letter through the door. 

We have asked pps to take it back and we’ll pay them their £100 but they have refused and asked us to deal with drpl. Although we have categorically said we won’t be doing that. 

What should we do. If there’s a post I can be referred to that will answer this query, please direct me to it. 

I wish I had come here before appealing in the first place
Thanks. 

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 March 2020 at 10:09PM
    Options
    nothing you can do , its pay up or fight

you can ignore DRPL, but PPS are likely to take this to court , so its your choice as you are in limbo land

if the driver has been outed, thats even worse for you , because a driver can always be held accountable in law, all PP have to do is prove it to a judge and non payment and adding without due care and attention to the mix wont help, because the driver should have taken more notice and checked they were in the correct place or paid the correct parking company

there are no easy answers, just the facts and truths of the matter
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,144 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 March 2020 at 5:16AM
    Options
    What you do is read the new template defence thread and the NEWBIES thread post #2 and learn how to win this when it goes to small claims. 

Stop offering them money.  You will pay nothing at all when you win and you will enjoy the interesting day at your local court, and probably get your costs paid by PPS, too.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • xandercold
    Options
    also, when I say we missed the appeal email, I mean it never came through and we believe it went into Junk at least that's what PPS have told us. that's what makes us more upset at the bullish way they say we should go to drpl.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have asked pps to take it back and we’ll pay them their £100 but they have refused and asked us to deal with drpl. Although we have categorically said we won’t be doing that. 
    Why would you want to pay a meaningless company like DRP.   Fortunately in the great parking scam, debt collectors ... all of them, are a totally useless bunch who cannot do anything

If PPS take you to court then they will instruct one of the dodgy legals that operate and who continue to flout the law despite the courts spanking them..
    THE DODGY LEGALS KEEP ADDING FAKE AMOUNTS

So unfortunately for PPS, if they allow their dodgy legal to add fake amounts, their chance of winning dramatically reduces as the judge could dismiss the case for abuse of process
    Again, unfortunately for PPS, they will probably be ordered to pay your costs as well.
    READ WHAT HAPPENS WITH ABUSE OF PROCESS ... so you are prepared
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6014081/abuse-of-process-district-judge-tells-bwlegal/p1?new=1

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    On no account should you pay these scammers a penny unless a judge order you to.  An MP has suggested recently that
    some of these companies may have links to organised crime.  Do you reaaly want to fund white slavery and people smuggling?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,144 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    also, when I say we missed the appeal email, I mean it never came through and we believe it went into Junk at least that's what PPS have told us. that's what makes us more upset at the bullish way they say we should go to drpl.
    Doesn't matter. There was no 'appeal'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport